Chimpy exists to make sustainability awesome af. Our ambition is to make renewable energy and sharing resources much simpler, more convenient and more fun. Today, we rent powerbanks charged with solar energy at over 2000 locations in Europe. Our customers rent our batteries at kiosks, vending machines or festivals, charge their smartphones on the go and then return them anywhere they want.
Software at Chimpy
Our software team has developed a rental platform that is used across five different countries, by large retail chains, independent kiosks, vending machines, events and festivals. Our retail partners rent out our powerbanks using an API integration, a mobile app or an autonomous vending machine. Our refurbishment and logistics partners rely on a web and mobile app to run their operations smoothly. Our finance and supply chain teams use internal tools and data to create invoices and manage stock. Finally, our customers find and rent our powerbanks using a mobile or web app.
About the job
By joining Chimpy’s software team, your work will naturally matter a lot. Being a small team of three engineers is a challenge but also a blessing: you’ll get to work on things that really matter, take on different hats and learn fast. You’ll have a lot of freedom, flexibility, influence and impact right away.
Here are some examples of projects and smaller tasks you may be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Improve the UX/UI of renting out a powerbank on our mobile & web apps
- Improve the performance of our maps, by e.g. loading locations per bounds instead of all of them at once
- Create a new feature for our refurbishment and logistics partners from zero
- Make sure our apps seamlessly integrate with our own backend APIs and third party APIs (Auth0, Stripe)
- Manage QA & Release. Be sure that no feature is broken, everything looks pixel-pretty and the copywriting is on point in every language. Then, push the release button on web, or publish on both app stores for mobile
- Offer a helping hand to our other team members that might need help using an internal tool, publishing content on our website or solving a bug
- Discuss software design & architectural direction with our Head of Software and the rest of our engineering team
- 📦 You bring our apps into the stores. You are able to submit mobile apps to the individual stores and publish them successfully. You have an overview of which versions are about to expire and what needs to be done to keep our software up to date.
- 👁️ You can see it all through, from the initial product idea, to the visuals to the implementation of the feature. You always start with the customer’s perspective: you design the best possible UX/UI first and then write the code.
- 💬 You can manage yourself. You don’t need the constant oversight of a (micro-)manager, you’re able to drive projects on your own, call the shots when needed and deliver. You can communicate clearly with your colleagues and work across teams.
- ⚽ You are also a team player. You can work independently and still be approachable. Helping others comes naturally to you and you also don’t shy away from asking for help yourself. You enjoy our daily (remote) software breaks and value feedback.
- 💪🏽 You are ready to take over responsibility. Over time, you’ll be taking technical ownership of two mobile apps, one web app and our website. You’ll also help our Head of Software in setting the right technical and architectural direction for our frontend stack.
- 📚 Your personal growth is key. With our “Monkey Time” we make 10% of your working time available for your personal and professional development.
- 🏠 We have workspaces in Zurich (CH), Hamburg (DE), Milano (IT), Paris (FR) and Vienna (AUT). But, you can choose the location that lets you do your best job (so yes, you can work fully remotely) as long as you stay within one of those five countries 😉
- ⏰ We have flexible working hours and only a few fixed meetings per week within the software team. You choose how to best make use of your time to get things done.
- 💻 We work using our own favorite hardware (laptop, smartphone) and development environment. If you need to buy a new laptop or a better chair, Chimpy chips in.
- 💰 Everyone’s salary is calculated based on a transparent salary scheme. No exceptions made, not even for the CEO. The salary scheme takes into account usual things like your education, your experience or the responsibility you take, but also your family situation. On top of the salary, Chimpy offers six weeks of paid holidays per year.
We are a young, motivated, ambitious and smart team (well, sometimes). But besides doing a job we love, we have fun together whenever and wherever we can. Check out our beautiful serious faces on our website, or watch us working with blood, sweat and tears here.
How to apply
Please send us your application directly by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us about yourself, why you want to work for Chimpy and why you’re the right person for the job. You don’t need to write a formal cover letter or a novel, just show us the authentic you. Oh, and also add some of your previous work for us to take a look at 😉
We’ll be accepting applications till the end of February. The typical recruiting process involves a short first online call with HR, one remote interview with our Head of Software, a take-home exercise and one (if possible) onsite interview with the team. We aim at making an offer in March, with a flexible start date as soon as possible.